Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
Location: Cape Town
At Tekano (from the Sesotho word for equity) we are committed to building a lifelong community of courageous changemakers who together will accelerate the eradication of inequity and injustice resulting in fairer, healthier and more inclusive societies. Our Fellows and Staff are accomplished leaders working in diverse settings and contexts, who together think, learn, incubate and implement strategies for greater impact. They are on top of developments within the social justice sector, with a keen eye on developments in the structural and socioeconomic determinants of health. We have a diversity of Fellows who are committed to being leaders of change in communities most impacted by health inequities. We provide them with the networks, architecture and resources to connect, learn and act to address the underlying systemic causes of inequity. To support, deepen and sustain our community’s impact at this critical juncture, we have the following exciting role at Tekano.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer
We are looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer who will work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Manager. You will be responsible for monitoring of the Year Long Fellowship & Lifelong Fellowship Programmes, ensuring that Tekano gathers data that will enable the organisation to determine the efficacy of the programme and make any necessary changes. You will be familiar with various monitoring tools that can be used in the Fellowship programmes and will ensure that all monitoring processes are adhered to. The role will promote cross-learning across programmes, taking on a supportive function to the programmes team.
Core Competencies Include
Consistent with all roles at Tekano, it is essential that you demonstrate a critical understanding of the diverse root causes of inequities and show a commitment (in thinking and in action) to fairer, healthier and more inclusive societies.
In addition, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong M&E design, implementation, management and reporting skills.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Proficiency using software for data analysis
- Results driven with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong personal development and skills-building focus and capability
- A strong work ethic, professionalism, and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal relationship and cross – cultural communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. An additional South African language would be an advantage
- Degree or an equivalent qualification in MEL or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in MEL role preferably in learning environment similar to Tekano
- Experience in social justice advocacy initiatives to change policy or programmes
To apply, please submit the following;
- A motivation letter
- A CV of no more than four (4) pages with three (3) contactable references
- A one-page statement on your views on health equity
per e-mail to at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position job title in the subject line.
Closing Date: 12 February 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Selection will be a multi-phase process and may require additional submissions. If no notification of appointment is received within 2 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Tekano is committed to affirmative action and employment equity. The right to modify job descriptions, titles and requirements or not to make an appointment is reserved.