Request for Proposals: External Audit Services
Tekano is a non-profit organisation whose vision is to have a more equitable South African society with improved health status across all populations. This is through fostering dynamic, visionary, value-based leaders working in catalytic communities of learning and action who articulate, convey and act to promote health equity.
Tekano achieves this by conducting a Fellowship Programme which annually recruits 15 – 25 Fellows who work together towards advocating for the improvement of the lives and access to health services of marginalised communities. These fellows become part of a lifelong alumni network and continuously work with Tekano in catalytic communities to bring about change in order to achieve health equity.
We would want to engage the services of an external auditing company for a period of 3 years. Below is some key information that could guide the search.
Scope of Services
The external audit services will include, but will not be limited to planning, management and execution of annual external audit of Tekano in accordance with International Standards on Auditing (ISAs):
Financial statement compilation
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements if an independent department exist in the organisation.
- Financial statements prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards for Small and Medium-sized Entities (IFRS for SME) and the Companies Act of South Africa.
- Understand the relevant internal controls.
- Evaluate the overall presentation of the financial statements, including the disclosures and the related accounting policies.
- Provide an audit opinion in terms of the relevant International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) on the financials i.e. Position of financial position, Statement of profit and loss and other comprehensive income, cash flow statements and notes having assessed and evaluated the risks of material misstatement of the financial statements, whether due to fraud or error.
- Reporting on external audit progress to management and the Operations Committee including attendance at the Operations Committee meetings as appropriate.
- Communicate the results of the audit with the Governance, Audit and Risk Committee.
- Preparation and submission of the relevant corporate tax returns that are compliant with Legislation.
Submission of Proposals
To be considered responsive, a proposal must be completed in English on Appendix 1: TEKANO Request for Proposal Application Form
Elements to the proposal include:
- A brief description of your traceable work history and experience
- Three traceable references
- A description of your organisation’s profile, what areas you will cover for the consultancy, your cost proposal, quality assurance, risk mitigation, any partner involvement and other relevant information
- Provision of copies of company registration, professional certifications or other credentials; and if applicable, certificate of good standing and qualified to conduct business in South Africa. Any other relevant supporting documentation for the application as the bidder seems useful
- All proposals should be submitted by email to procurement@TEKANO.org.za
- Application deadline: 28th SEPTEMBER 2021 at 17h00 South African Standard Time.
- Please ensure the subject line states “EXTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES”.
- Late submissions will not be considered, and only selected applicants will be contacted and/or advised of the outcome.