Non-executive Director for Tekano Foundation
Tekano Foundation is recruiting a Non-Executive Director with investment experience to serve on its Board of Directors (Board). The Tekano Foundation Board provides leadership, governance and oversight of management of the investment assets of Tekano Foundation. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Tekano’s mission of building the capacity of visionary, values-based, change-makers to advocate for health equity in South Africa.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in civil society, the non-profit sector, government, philanthropy, foundation, or business
- Extensive knowledge in the following areas is critical: financial management, risk management, investment administration and Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
- Qualifications and expertise that will be advantageous include Chartered Accountant, Actuary and ESG specialist/activist
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Tekano’s beneficiaries
- Preference will be made for diversity candidates: Black, female, LGBQTI and disabled
Board Members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
To apply nominees should submit the following to Dr Tracey Naledi Chair of the Nominations Committee c/o Ms Lebo Ramafoko Tekano Chief Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of motivation and interest for being appointed to Tekano Foundation’s Board
- A detailed CV with references
- Deadline for submission – 10 September 2021
- Interviews will be held with short-listed candidates via Zoom or Microsoft Teams
- Tekano Foundation reserves the right not to make any appointment to its Board.
- Should you not hear from Tekano within 6 (six) weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- For more information about Tekano or the Board role, visit www.tekano.org.za
Stipend for meeting attendance.