Request For Proposals Real Estate Company: Invitation to Tender for Office
Tekano is a non-profit organisation whose vision is to have a more equitable South African society with improved health status across all populations. This is through fostering dynamic, visionary, value-based leaders working in catalytic communities of learning and action who articulate, convey and act to promote health equity.
Tekano achieves this by conducting a Fellowship Programme which annually recruits 15 – 25 Fellows who work together towards advocating for the improvement of the lives and access to health services of marginalised communities. These fellows become part of a lifelong alumni network and continuously work with Tekano in catalytic communities to bring about change in order to achieve health equity.
We would want to engage the services of a real estate company to find us a suitable working space that will meet our needs. Below is some key information that could guide the search.
Tekano has issued this Request for Proposal (RFP) to solicit proposals from prospective real estate companys. The main purpose of the request is for a service provider to provide Tekano with a holistic assessment of its current office requirements and needs, resulting in an office space ideally suited to the organisation’s needs.
Tekano‘s request for proposal describes and integrates, to the extent possible, the responsibilities and duties of potential bidders to be hired as a real estate company by TEKANO. In addition, this document outlines the criteria by which bidders’ proposals will be evaluated.
Scope of Work
In issuing this RFP, TEKANO’s main goal is to ensure that a successful service provider complies with the following objectives:
- Conduct an assessment of TEKANO’s current office requirements
- Compile a report of the assessment with recommendations.
- Search for and present suitable rent and buy options to TEKANO management for consideration. The following is relevant in this regard:
TEKANO requires a combination of small and big meeting rooms.
Meeting rooms range from status meetings with 2 people to training events with up to 30 people
Kitchen and eating area required
Small printing area
Lockers for staff
Sound proof room for recording of podcasts etc (2 Area: Cape Town
Minimum of 12 parking bays
Other (Close to public transport, Fast reliable fibre internet, loadshedding ready, air-conditioning, green space, close proximity to shops, good security)
- Prepare a costing of renovations and alterations required to convert suitable spaces found into a fully workable space that as comprehensively as possible suits the needs of the organisation.
- Manage the renovation work within agreed timelines.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Bids will be evaluated in a three (3) phase stage.
Phase 1: To be evaluated further, bidders must meet the mandatory administration criteria. Bidders who do not meet the requirements will be disqualified and will not be considered for further evaluation
Phase 2: Bid scoring
Phase 3: Pricing and Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) will be evaluated.
Tekano reserves the right not to accept any proposal and/or proposal with the lowest price and will not be liable for any cost incurred in the preparation of the proposal.
Tekano will invite bidders for an oral interview/presentation before the approval of a proposal; however, Tekano will not be liable for the costs incurred by the bidder in connection with such interview or presentation.
Tekano will keep the contents of the application strictly confidential.
The information/data provided in this document, together with any subsequent issue of addenda of information/data is given in good faith for guidance of applicants. No warranties or representations are given regarding accuracy or completeness of such information.
Submission of Proposal
To be considered responsive, a proposal must be completed in English on Appendix 1: TEKANO Request for Proposal Application Form
Elements to the proposal include:
- A brief description of your traceable work history and experience
- Service cost proposal, quality assurance, risk mitigation, any partner involvement and other
- B-BBEE Status Level or better Verification Certificate (where preference points are claimed) (Certified Copy).
- Certified copy of registration certificate with CIPC or proof of ownership/ shareholding.
- The service provider must submit the Tax Clearance Certificate for confirmation of Value Added Tax (VAT) and other Tax related matters.
- The supplier must submit a profile of the entity which includes but is not limited to the following: Name, structure, and strategies,
- Names and identity numbers of all directors, chief operating officers,
- Business: products and/or services which the entity is trading
- All proposals should be submitted by email to procurement@TEKANO.org.za
- Application deadline: 28th September 2021, at 17h00 South African Standard Time.
- Please ensure the subject line states “TEKANO: Real Estate Company”.
- Late submissions will not be considered, and only selected applicants will be contacted and/or advised of the outcome.
Required Documents on final property selected following the process
- Lift condition report – before handover (Copy)
- Electrical Compliance Certificate (Copy) – before handover.
- Fire regulation compliance certificate (Copy) – before handover.
- Occupational Health & Safety Regulation Certificate (Copy) before handover including the position of existing or new lifts if required-prior handover.