TEKANO FINANCE DIRECTOR VACANCY
COMPETITIVE SALARY PLUS BENEFITS
LOCATION: CAPE TOWN
At Tekano (from the Sesotho word for equity) we are committed to building a lifelong community of courageous change-makers who together will accelerate the eradication of inequity and injustice resulting in fairer, healthier and more inclusive societies.
Tekano’s purpose is to build the capacity of visionary, values-based, change-makers to advocate for health equity in South Africa. This is delivered through a team of individuals sharing two critical traits:
Individuals who are committed to human rights, evidenced by sustained involvement in activities which have challenged unfair health, social, economic and political structures and arrangements.
Individuals who want to continually expand their capacity to create the results they truly desire in an environment driven by continuous collaborative learning and improvement at all levels in the organisation.
We are looking for a Finance Director who will be responsible for providing strategic financial leadership including but not limited to, financial management, finance policies & processes, procurement & contracting, treasury management, control systems, budgeting, auditing and compliance. The Finance Director will provide financial oversight for the Tekano’s NPC’s financial management, risk management, reporting requirements and compliance management and Tekano Foundation’s investment management. The roles will also build finance capacity internally and provide overall management of the finance function. The role will also provide strategic leadership to and direct the Information Technology (IT) and Operations functions.
As an Executive Management Team member, the individual will drive the accomplishment of TEKANO’s mission and vision and assure its responsiveness and accountability to its diverse constituents.
The core role competencies include:
- Advanced financial management knowledge and experience.
- Finance policy and procedure knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of investment and fund management.
- Contracting knowledge and experience – as in procurement.
- High level business acumen, including understanding of financial management processes.
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and ethical practice.
- Planning and organising skills.
- Team player with high levels of tact and diplomacy.
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to work with accuracy.
- Interpersonal and persuasion skills with the ability to interact at all levels in the organisation.
- The ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple projects.
- Persistence, enthusiasm and perseverance.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfortable with diversity and respectful of a wide range of faiths, beliefs and experiences.
- Commitment and dedication to development, including promoting health equity in South Africa is crucial.
- Understanding of computer applications in respect to the above responsibilities.
- Strong commitment to ethical practice and fulfilling role with integrity, full accountability and transparency for the use of public funds/donor funding.
- Commitment to ESG and Impact investing.
- 10 Years’ work experience with at least 7 years in a Finance Director or Senior Financial Manager.
- 10 Years’ Experience in the development and management of budgets, with at least 7 years’ experience of this function at senior management level.
- Knowledge and experience of fiscal controls related to the safeguarding of organisational funds.
- A commitment to development and social justice.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Postgraduate qualification in, Accounting, Finance, Investment management and Development Finance and be a Chartered Accountant with an MBA
- 10 Years’ work experience with at least 7 years in Senior Financial Management or similar role.
- Work experience in the Non-Profit / Development sector will be an added advantage.
Please submit the following:
- A motivation letter
- A CV of no more than four (4) pages with three (3) contactable references
Send you application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position job title in the subject line.
Closing date: 30 November 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Selection will be a multi-phase process and may require additional submissions. If no notification of appointment is received within 2 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Tekano is committed to affirmative action and employment equity. The right to modify job descriptions, titles and requirements or not to make an appointment is reserved.