TEKANO FINANCE OFFICER VACANCY
COMPETITIVE SALARY PLUS BENEFITS
LOCATION: CAPE TOWN
At Tekano (from the Sesotho word for equity) we are committed to building a lifelong community of courageous change makers who together will accelerate the eradication of inequity and injustice resulting in fairer, healthier and more inclusive societies. Our Fellows and Staff are accomplished leaders working in diverse settings and contexts, who together think, learn, incubate and implement strategies for greater impact. They are on top of developments within the social justice sector, with a keen eye on developments in the structural and socioeconomic determinants of health. We have a diversity of Fellows who are committed to being leaders of change in communities most impacted by health inequities. We provide them with the networks, architecture and resources to connect, learn and act to address the underlying systemic causes of inequity. To support, deepen and sustain our community’s impact at this critical juncture, we have the following exciting role at Tekano.
Finance Officer Role Purpose
The Finance Officer is responsible for providing financial and accounting support services to the organisation as well as bookkeeping, ensuring effective and transparent utilisation of financial resources and integrity of financial services.
The core role competencies include:
- Expert knowledge of financial accounting and bookkeeping.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of financial principles and laws and how they are applied within the Finance function of the organisation.
- Experience in budgeting, invoice tracking and expense reconciliation.
- Excellent computer skills: MS office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook etc).
- Experience in general finance administration.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of computer applications in respect to the above responsibilities.
- Fluency in an additional South African language would be an advantage.
Consistent with all roles at Tekano, it is essential that you demonstrate a critical understanding of the diverse root causes of inequities and show a commitment (in thinking and in action) to fairer, healthier and more inclusive societies.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Finance / Accounting.
- 7 Years’ work experience with at least 5 years in a finance technical support role.
- Experience working with donor experience is advantageous.
- Knowledge and ability to work with various accounting and financial packages.
Please submit the following:
- A motivation letter
- A CV of no more than four (4) pages with three (3) contactable references.
- A one page statement on your views of health equity.
Send you application to email@example.com with the position job title in the subject line.
Closing date: 11 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Selection will be a multi-phase process and may require additional submissions. If no notification of appointment is received within 2 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Tekano is committed to affirmative action and employment equity. The right to modify job descriptions, titles and requirements or not to make an appointment is reserved.